Technical Support Supervisor
JOIN OUR TEAM
Technical Support Supervisor
Location: Central Islip, NY
Technical Support Supervisor supervises a team that provides technical service-related support for a number of organizations and tracks the work of the Help desk or tech staff to ensure that all jobs are completed on time, within budget, and to customer specifications.
The Technical Support Supervisor implements and measures the effectiveness of improved processes or operational policies and suggests changes to products or services to fulfill customer needs.
The Technical Support Supervisor supervises a small group of professional staff in an organization characterized by highly transactional or repetitive processes and contributes to the development of processes and procedures. Thorough knowledge of functional areas under supervision.
Reports to Director of Managed Services.
- The Technical Support Supervisor is responsible for assessing and guiding day to day functions of the Technical Support group for Helpdesk including demonstrating leadership, providing guidance, achieving SLA goals, completing employee assessments, field deployment management and assisting with goal building.
- Leads the performance improvement process for the Technical Support group.
- Works with Director on hiring of new techs for support team.
Supports the support techs in making sure their work gets finished or escalated.
- Manages the 24×7 support desk coverage with schedules, supplies and needs of the team.
- Manages the clients patch management, Service Issue Escalations, Technical escalations and follow ups.
- Backup and restore management processes. Anti-Virus/Anti-malware management processes.
- Utilize the RMM platform for Alerts and Notifications on client infrastructures platform.
- Performs the onboarding of the Support Services to MSP Clients.
- Improves processes and policies for client support services. Contributor to new software choices for MSP clients and works as a level 2+ tech themselves to assist the team when needed.
- At least 3 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
- Strong Hands on experience with Windows server, helpdesk and/or network administration.
- Experience with the ConnectWise manage, Ninja One and IT Glue a plus.
- Detail oriented, someone who is willing to draft, organize and structure technical procedure manuals and guidelines for the teams to follow their daily work.
- Team-oriented, committed to growth, learning, and transfer of knowledge type environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, possess a productive and positive attitude with the ability to motivate and teach your team to achieve their specific goals.
- This is the first time we are opening a Tech support supervisor position so you would be coming in on the ground floor with the opportunity for growth as the company continually grows in the mid- market/enterprise sector.
- If you have worked as a support supervisor and want to move to a company that is growing fast or If you haven’t worked as a supervisor yet but are looking to make a change in the IT field.