Level 3 Technical support
JOIN OUR TEAM
Level 3 Technical support
Location: Hauppauge, NY (Onsite)
This position is responsible for providing expert technical service desk support services to end users via the telephone or electronically. They will conduct initial assessment, triage and resolve issues with application software, and hardware components with no additional assistance. They will act as an escalation to Service Desk II, troubleshooting and resolving complex issues with a broad knowledge of NAKA Service Desk support and processes.
- Respond to users to troubleshoot support requests.
- Provide escalated technical support. Monitor escalated tickets to ensure timely resolution.
- Document incidents, problems, interaction, and resolution within the connectwise manage application and communicates status of problems to the users.
- Responsibility for monitoring and managing service desk ticket queue to ensure proper ticket flow occurs.
- Required to act as a mentor with the ability to provide guidance when needed to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Collaborate with IT Operations to ensure efficient operation of desktop, server and cloud environments.
- Research new technology and performs upgrades and routine system maintenance as needed.
- Participate in projects including but not limited to implementing new IT technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Server operating systems.
- Familiar with Best Practices for Cybersecurity and Network security.
- Expert knowledge of PC Software/Hardware installation, troubleshooting and repair.
- Familiar with MAC, IoS and Android operating systems.
Knowledge of creating documentation including client updates, Knowledge Articles, and Technical Specification documents inside IT Glue
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tickets and projects simultaneously, and take initiative to solve complex IT problems
- Experience in a Windows active directory environment.
Experience with Cloud technologies including Microsoft Azure.
- Support Tier1 and Tier2 support technicians and help cross train knowledge
- Keep IT management apprised of critical issues.
- Subject Matter Expertise with Windows 10 operating system.
- Subject Matter Expertise with network topologies including but not limited to wireless access points, IP addressing, remote connections and VPN solutions.
- Subject Matter Expertise of various hardware and software products including Microsoft Office Suite, Exchange and EOL Administration, Webroot, Acronis, Sophos, proof point and Microsoft end point manager
- Experienced with vmware esxi, Connectwise products Manage, command and connect.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to translate technical concepts into lay terms.
Demonstrated results orientation, initiative, attention to detail, and customer service orientation.
- Enthusiastic positive attitude