Physical Security Engineer
JOIN OUR TEAM
Physical Security Engineer
Location: Hauppauge, NY
As a Physical Security subject matter expert, the candidate will be responsible for the design of physical security solutions for our clients. The candidate will require knowledge of applicable technologies related to physical access and video security. The candidate will be required to provide technical guidance and solve large-scale physical security implementation design and troubleshooting. The candidate will also be responsible for developing and communicating security design requirements and updates to internal and external project partners.
NAKA is committed to creating and maintaining an environment that promises diversity and tolerance in all areas of employment. NAKA does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex or gender (including actual or perceived gender identity or expression or transgender status), sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, pregnancy, religion, religious practices, mental or physical disability, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, veteran status, marital or partnership status, or any other legally protected status.
- Manage all related physical security software applications. For example, Lenel S2, Qognify Ocularis, Persona, Verkada. This includes coordinating application upgrades with other IT engineers and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Security Personnel and Information Technology to research and develop physical security design standards, IP-based video safety, access control, and alarms while; facilitating design discussions in order to evaluate cost, risk, and benefits of design options.
- Communicate conceptual designs to internal stakeholders and external consultants.
- Perform site assessments, attend internal design meetings, conduct construction reviews, interfacing with design consultants, manage technical projects including field rollouts of programs and products while overseeing vendor deliverables and schedules.
- Provide direction and guidance for implementation of Best Practices as they pertain to physical security technology.
- Establish quality control standards and procedures, project schedules and make recommendations of appropriate human and physical resource allocations. Conduct analyses of program productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Document security device topology, application setup, management, workflow, and related data interactions.
- Conduct regular testing of security devices and related software applications. Troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant trends and advances within the industry, including digital IDs, AI-based security solutions, etc.
- Five years of professional experience in designing, implementing, and managing physical security devices and associated software systems, from concept to completion.
- Knowledge of current IP-based Video Security technology, physical security management systems, and all associated technical infrastructure.
- Thorough understanding of access and related technologies, including knowledge of TCP/IP networking as it relates to physical security.
- Proven professional experience evaluating and implementing security and access devices and software.
- History of having worked with complex, inter-related software systems pertaining to physical security, access control, and identity management.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and speech, as well as being able to prepare and present IT-related material to a wide variety of audiences, including non-technical executives and management.
- Successful project management experience, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work successfully with a variety of constituencies, including vendors and contractors, as well as multiple departments including but not limited to Information Technology, Design and Construction, Security, and Facilities.
- Experience developing, reviewing, administering, and implementing physical security policies.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel
Salary: $65,000 – $75,000