Senior Wireless Engineer
JOIN OUR TEAM
Senior Wireless Engineer
Location: Central Islip, NY
Naka Technologies, leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world’s leading companies build stronger businesses. Naka serves top clients across key industry sectors (such as Banking, Financial Services, Education and Insurance, Healthcare, Manufacturing & Logistics, Retail & Consumer goods, Media & Entertainment, among others).
We are looking for a Senior Wireless Engineer who wants to get involved with a medium sized, fast paced, and dynamic company. In collaboration with the IT team you will be responsible for building and maintaining wireless infrastructure of clients in various industry. The right candidate will be a positive and supportive member of the IT team, a self-starter, love the challenge of solving problems and building solutions to help the company scale. This position will be located at our HQ in Central Islip, NY
- Design and implement WLANs and other wireless networks
- Troubleshoot wireless problems and escalations
- Performing all types of Wireless surveys, Predictive Modeling, Active, and Passive
- Assist with Wireless Access Points installations at a site location
- Manage wireless services, such as implementation, management, and troubleshooting for the enterprise technical environment specifically for wireless services, to include access points, controllers, and management systems
- Design, simulate, implement, and validate system models and investigate innovative algorithms for core functionalities of the wireless communication systems and their performance enhancements.
- Performance optimization on our SDR platforms.
- System debugging, analytical and problem-solving.
- Work with architects, RF/analog designers, SW engineers, Product teams and HW digital designers to define and specify the wireless systems.
- Participate in designing control procedures of the physical layer for media access control to achieve robust and efficient performance of the modem in practical congested medium conditions.
- Completing wireless surveys and comprehensive documentation for all deployed frameworks and ongoing evaluations of these networks.
- Deploying, troubleshooting, and maintaining highly available wireless infrastructure solutions in a large-scale, multisite, international environment including Wireless LAN Controllers & Guest wireless solutions.
- Understanding industry best practices and criteria for standard RF survey designs including Data, Voice, and Location Based Services.
- 3-5 years of Healthcare experience is a must.
- Proven track record for utilizing state-of-the-art techniques/knowledge to resolve the challenging problems of the physical layer design for modern wireless communication systems.
- Extensive experience on designing and developing the physical layer core algorithms of wireless communication systems; such as MIMO signal estimation and detection, channel estimation, equalization, modulation, coding theory/forward error correction, beamforming, signal estimation and detection, timing recovery, frequency synchronization, automatic gain control, etc.
- Solid analytical capability to develop optimized solutions in terms of performance, power consumption, etc., in physical layer design.
- Strong debugging skills to model the sophisticated physical layer of modern wireless communication systems.
- Solid knowledge in various wireless channel models, such as AWGN, fading, indoor and outdoor models
- Working knowledge of parallel processing and algorithm optimization is a plus
- Hands on experience on lab testing & characterization is a plus.
- Ability to work independently, meet project deadlines and fully documenting work
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years’ experience in a Wireless Engineering role, preferably at an enterprise level company
- Strong expertise with both Aruba and Cisco solutions
- Strong Experience using Wireless Analysis Tools (preferably Ekahau Survey Pro, NetAlly Aircheck G2 or AirMagnet Survey Pro)
- Strong understanding of current wireless RF standards on Wi-Fi
- Experience performing Wireless Site Surveys
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP, Wireless, DNS and DHCP protocols and services.
- Strong analytic, problem-solving, and conceptual skills; and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with various WLAN topologies, including indoor, outdoor, high-density, campus, mesh, remote, and industrial
- Experience with different environments including health care, manufacturing, warehouse, and outdoor
- Experience with WLAN survey tools, including Ekahau with Sidekick to perform Predictive Modeling, Active, Passive, and AP on a Stick surveys
- Experience with Spectrum Analyzer tools (e.g. Ekahau Sidekick, Cisco Spectrum Expert, Chanalyzer)
- Experience with AAA and identity-based access solutions for WLAN deployments (Cisco ISE and ACS, Aruba Clearpass, or Windows NPS)
- Experience with wireless intrusion detection and prevention systems, including WIDS and WIPS
- Understanding of Cisco switching and ability to troubleshoot basic AP connectivity issues
- Ability to troubleshoot wireless client devices (e.g iPhone, laptops, scan guns, and IOT Devices)
- Ability to perform monitoring of various WLAN technologies and topologies (e.g. Cisco Prime, DNA, Aruba Airwave)
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently, with good communication (written and oral) and coordination skills
- Consult with both internal as well as client teams to drive solutions from design to completion
- Preferred technical certifications including
- Certified Wireless Network Professional certifications (CWS, CWT, CWNA, CWAP, CWSP, CWNE)
- Cisco CCNA, CCNA-W, CCNP-W, CCIE-W
- Aruba ACMA, ACMP, ACMX
- Ekahau ECSE Certification
- Salary: $100,000 – $150,000