Position: Network Engineer
Location: Nassau County, NY
Naka Technologies, a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world’s leading companies build stronger businesses. Naka serves top clients across key industry sectors (such as Banking, Financial Services, Education and Insurance, Healthcare, Manufacturing & Logistics, Retail & Consumer goods, Media & Entertainment, among others).
Key Responsibilities Include:
- To maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations including Microsoft Office365 and Azure
- Strong understanding of Microsoft SharePoint and Teams
- Perform disaster recovery operations and data backups when required
- Protect data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve hardware, software, and other network and system problems replacing faulty network hardware components when required
- Maintain, configure, and monitor virus protection software and email applications
- Monitor network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made
- Confer with network users about solving existing system problems
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems
- Coordinate computer network access and use; design, configure and test networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
- Sophos knowledge is a plus