Senior Level Python Developer
Immediate need for Senior level Python Developer to support our customer in Brooklyn NY (due to COVID-19, this position is 100% remote). Our client is seeking an experienced Python Developer to support their designing and developing efforts of cloud-based software products conforming to industry best practices. This opportunity should be considered as a stable/long term opportunity offering career growth and professional stability. There are 2-3 openings and they can work 100% remote (Eastern & Central time zones), even after COVID.
- Designing and implementing RESTful API’s using Python.
- Supporting and maintaining existing software products, applications and interfaces.
- Evaluating emerging technologies, open-source libraries and providing recommendations.
- Supporting the testing process and troubleshooting issues and resolving them.
- Participating in architectural design sessions and product discussions.
- Working closely with front-end and UX developers to provide scalable solutions.
- Working with Agile/SCRUM team setting, including cross-functional structures, and varying levels of management.
- 6+ years of Software Development with current 4 years of advanced Python Development experience. This is a Sr. Development position
- Must have Software Engineering and Architect / Design ability and experience to be considered
- Highly advanced Python coding skills and understanding of Python best practices (PEP8)
- Strong knowledge of Python web frameworks such as Django and Flask (big plus)
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to work with the customer on project milestones/developments/
- Basic Frontend SW Development technology understanding (Angular 3+, CSS, HTML, TypeScript etc..)
- Strong knowledge of building RESTful APIs using Python (Django Rest Framework)
- Strong understanding of Django ORM and SQLAlchemy
- Solid database skills in a relational database (i.e. PostgresSQL, MySQL, etc)
- Experience and in-depth knowledge with Linux-based development (Big Plus)
- Experience with developing user authentication and authorization solutions and knowledge of security compliance is a plus
- Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services) environment is a big plus
- Proficient on version control tools such as git, svn etc.
- Excellent detail-oriented, problem-solving skills and the ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solution
- Agile/SCRUM methodology understanding
- Must have a green card.
- Must be USC or GC
- The contract term is 6 months contract to hire
- Seeking very basic front-end SW development understanding (Angular 3+, HTML, CSS, Typescript, etc.)
- Python best practices (PEP8)
- Django is a PLUS
- Linux is a PLUS