Position: Data Center Architect (Cisco)
As a Data Center Network Architect, you will increase Naka revenue through understanding, detecting, and emulating network infrastructure adversary tactics, techniques and procedures. You will achieve growth by providing direction and technical leadership for Solution Architects, Senior, Associate and Engineers.
From strategy to fulfillment to managed services, our engineering-centric solutions enable our clients to realize what it means for technology to do more.
- Implementing applicable security best practices
- Identifying and mitigating infrastructure vulnerabilities and persistent threats
- Identifying and resolving network and application performance issues
- Provides technical expertise in analyzing client’s requirements to develop IT services offerings that provide significant value to the geography which also includes recommending solutions and assisting sales, Engineers, and IT Consultants with development of proposals, quotations, and presentations.
- Supports engagements across multiple geographies
- Maintains client relationships as a trusted Technical Advisor.
- Serves as focal point for communications between Naka and their clients, when necessary, using experience and judgment to communicate effectively to all parties
- Provides pre-sales consultation with Client Executive or Sales Specialist to understand and contribute to Naka’s technology and service offerings, and to align those offerings with client business requirements
- Mentors other engineers to apply engineering background knowledge for project design, analysis, and project coordination of services or products
- Monitors and manages day-to-day operations of assigned complex projects including developing short and long-range goals, objectives, and budgets.
- Coordinates activities with internal departments and outside agencies including offshore team
- Ensures procedures are being followed and assists in resolving complex problems which require professional level input
- Conducts advanced and complex engineering – related studies researching current and emerging technologies, evaluates alternatives, makes recommendations, and presents reports to management.
- Reviews and develops deliverables for network assessments, site surveys and Data Center infrastructure assessments.
- Designs and oversees upgrade advanced and complex client infrastructure solutions. Transfers technical skills and knowledge to client and other engineers within team
- Quality Assurance for pre-sale SOW requests that meet triggers for size, cross brand, complexity
- Performs peer review of deliverables from other team members for technical content before distribution to the customer.
- Assist with developing standards for all deliverables for our practice and across service practices
- Develops and maintains customer presentations, demo instructions, and other related collateral
- Provides leadership in creating business cases, financial justification, and solution benefit content for customer ready deliverables and presentation
- Provides leadership and expert advice/counsel on technical subject matters and architecture design to clients and internal team. Recognized by customer, peers, management as a key SME expert.
- Flexible to travel between countries
- Experience working on all aspects (router / switches / firewalls) of an enterprise network
- Experience working on Cisco ASR routers
- Experience working on Cisco Nexus Data center switches
- Experience working on Cisco ASA firewalls
- Excellent understanding of all routing protocols
- Excellent understanding of switching and layer 2 protocols
- Experience working with Cisco ISE
- Experience working with Cisco WSA
- Experience working on Cisco Sourcefire products
- Experience working with Cisco VoIP and Wireless products would be advantageous
- Experience enforcing network security
- Experience deploying and managing remote access VPNs
- Good understanding of Microsoft Active directory
- Experience working on F5 LTM / GTM and Imperva WAFs would be desirable
- Active Cisco Certification – CCIE
- Candidates holding an active CCNP and working towards a CCIE with exceptional experience will be considered
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, information systems, related field, or equivalent experience
- At least seven years’ experience in a technical support position in a microcomputer environment
- At least seven years’ experience in knowledge of generally accepted networking principles, including data loss prevention, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory in supporting multi-protocol network environments (i.e. BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IP Multicast, MPLS, QOS, VLAN, and VOIP)
- At least seven years’ experience in physical and logical network design, including network management and detailed packet analysis