Velo Cloud Solutions Architect
As a key member of the infrastructure engineering team, you will be an active participant in the day to day operations and engineering of Infrastructure solutions and applications support of InterDent initiatives. This role provides day to day operational support of various infrastructure components, such as VMWare, Azure cloud, Windows and Linux servers, Tegile and Dell storage, Cisco UCS infrastructure, monitoring tools, Active Directory and related Microsoft infrastructure.
- Ensure client requests are responded to in a timely fashion; document & report status; escalate urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to other teams.
- Troubleshoot, resolve & document solutions related to systems, applications and backup jobs.
- Maintain hardware and software patch levels.
- Support daily operations tasks for build/move/add/change requests related to the Windows server enterprise; look for opportunities to document routine tasks that can be handled by the Helpdesk team.
- Monitor and manage systems used in support of data center operations. Example: Backup Systems and SolarWinds.
- Maintenance of virtualized servers, VDI environment, storage, Tegile, Microsoft Exchange, SQL, and other application servers.
You possess a well-rounded technical portfolio of skills including (but not limited to):
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience supporting users in VDI or Remote Desktop Services (RDS) environment with the ability to install and support software applications in a multiuser setting.
- Experience supporting VMware infrastructure and hardware.
- Demonstrable understanding of Windows security groups and an effective grasp of NTFS permissions.
- Experience successfully managing and delivering multiple projects with competing time and resource requirements
- Comprehensive hands-on experience with virtual and terminal technologies to include VMWare ESX/ESXi, vSphere, VMotion, VCenter, DRS, HA, SRM, Hyper V and Citrix XenApp/VDI
- Experience with enterprise-class Data Center operations, including practices, procedures, remote administration, disaster recovery, and business continuity
- Desire to expand responsibilities beyond initially defined job responsibilities to support emerging needs within the organization
- Advanced knowledge of all administrative, and engineering functions of MS Windows 2008, 2012,2016 and 2019 including OS/AD planning, design, development, deployment, operations, maintenance, optimization of systems, and networks
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft IIS, SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016, GPO, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, and network devices such as routers, switches, and firewalls
- Cloud Experience is desired as InterDent will be migrating to the cloud in the future. Cloud concepts and a proven track record of migration to the cloud are desired.
- VMware and Microsoft certifications are desirable.
- Experience with cloud-based storage and compute (AWS or Azure)
- Familiarity with URL filtering and Endpoint protection technologies.
- Meraki MX, MS and MR networking platform and practices, especially with SDWAN and WiFi.
- Exchange Online Administration
- SAML and OAuth experience, ie, Okta, Azure SSO.
- VoIP support (Cisco Unified Contact Center Express)
- Thorough understanding of CommVault/Veeam configurations and maintaining CommServe, Media Agents, and Clients.
- Working knowledge of cloud archiving technologies using Veeam and CommVault
- Experience with VMware VeloCloud SDWAN technologies
- Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field